Patients can choose how they would like to order their repeat prescriptions:
- By handing in the right hand side of your prescription ticked with what you want in via our post box.
- By sending your request online via the link at the top of this page – you will need a PIN number to access this service.
- By post, enclosing a SAE if you would like us to post it back to you
- By faxing a request to 01291 627975.
- If you would like your prescription to be collected by the local chemist please complete a form at the chemist of your choice.
If you would like to read our repeat prescription policy, please ask a receptionist.
At any one time, only one month’s supply for most medicines will be issued. If you are going abroad for longer than 4 weeks, please ask one of the receptionists for advice. Please ensure that you order only the items you need on your repeat. This will help to avoid wastage.
Repeat Dispensing Service
We also offer non dispensing patients who are taking certain long term medication a repeat dispensing service, whereby your repeat medication will be authorised for periods of six to twelve months. Your prescriptions will be held by your choice of pharmacy, where you can collect your medication without having to return to the surgery every month to submit your repeat request. Please discuss this with a GP or pharmacist if you are interested in this service.
All patients on repeat medication should have their medicines and the need for them reviewed from time to time (at least annually). Patients with long term illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease and asthma will be called to nurse led clinics. Others will see a doctor or practice pharmacist. If you are not sure how or when your medicines should be reviewed please ask a member of our prescribing team.
Warfarin monitoring and dosing is now being done in the practice on Thursday morning at Tutshill and Wednesday morning at Vauxhall. Please book into the Warfarin Monitoring (INR) Clinic on one of these days as required.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.